Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cygwin and Maven problem

I ran into a pretty nasty problem while running Maven under Cygwin yesterday. Why? since all workstation at my current client's site are Windows based. The problem happens when I replaced Windows CMD with Cygwin Bash by adding Autorun key under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor' in the registry. After that Maven stopped working, took me a while to pinpoint the problem, although all other Java applications run just fine including Eclipse, Groovy, and Tomcat.

Finally I gave up replacing the Windows CMD with Bash. At the end, I decided to run all my console using an open source program http://sourceforge.net/projects/console which allows you to have multiple tabs of Cygwin console running on your Windows machine plus some eye candies. This setup worked out pretty good for me so far.

No comments: